Pyle Center for Students

The student center is named for Dr. William Russell Pyle, a Wilmington College mathematics & physics professor and fundraiser for 40 years.

The concrete slabs for this two-story brick building were poured in 1956 and raised into position. It was built from funds generated by the Kettering Challenge and the Alumni Association.

The air conditioned dining room will seat more than 400. Committee rooms, post office, large student lounge, game room, bookstore and snack bar serve the diverse needs of students and visitors to the campus.

Pyle Center underwent major renovation in the 1960s, and is slated for updating again in the near future.

Pyle Center houses the college bookstore, the main dining hall, and the Underground snack bar.