WC Student Campaign
WHAT IS THE STUDENT CAMPAIGN?
The Wilmington College Student Campaign is a student driven program designed to teach other students about the importance of giving back to the College through the WILMINGTON FUND. Giving to Wilmington College is a vital part of keeping the College at the high standings it currently holds, and continuing to push it upwards benefiting all who attend, work at, or live near Wilmington College. Every year alumni, friends of the college, and parents support the Quaker community, and the students at Wilmington College are just as essential to the equation. Check us out on Facebook at WC Student Campaign.
HOW DOES YOUR GIFT HELP?
Gifts to the annual fund are spent in the current fiscal year, so gifts made to the Student Campaign can be used immediately! In 2008, we created the "YOUR NAME HERE" SCHOLARSHIP (CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION). Five students were awarded scholarships of $250 and $500 each. All the students had to do was fill out an application or create a video about why they chose Wilmington College.
In the 2009-2010 academic year, we set a goal of $5,000. With the support of students, parents, faculty, staff and alumni, we surpassed that goal again this year! We raised $6,541 from 278 donors. We were able to award scholarships in the amount of $250-1,000 for the 2010-2011 academic year to THIRTEEN students!
The number of donors truly makes a difference! Many of our gifts were anywhere from $1 to $2,500. The more people that participate, the more money we are able to raise and give back to students.
You can also make gifts that can be used for faculty research, athletics, theater productions, library materials, and so much more. Every gift makes a difference no matter the size.
For more information about annual giving, click here - WILMINGTON FUND.
HOW DO YOU MAKE A GIFT?
Dorm Storm Campaign
For students, the easiest way to make a gift is through the Dorm Storm Campaign. Students will storm the dorms on selected Wednesdays (other days as needed) of each month. They will ask students to make a gift of one dollar or more for the WC Student Campaign.
Receipts are sent home to parents. Parents can make a matching or greater gift at any time.
Make an Online Gift
To make a safe, secure gift, click here – MAKE AN ONLINE GIFT
Send a Gift Through U.S. Mail or Campus Mail
Gifts can be sent via mail to:
Attn: Heather Harmon
Pyle Box 1307
1870 Quaker Way
Wilmington, OH 45177
Students and parents are encouraged to make gifts at any of the events where the WC Student Campaign is
UPCOMING EVENTS for 2010-2011 Academic Year
The Student Campaign will host or attend many events on campus. Please look for us on the following dates:
- Thursday, August 19 – Freshman Move-In Day – look for our table under the tent on the Mall.
- Saturday, September (TBD) beginning at 2 p.m. – Cornhole Tournament during Family Weekend – open to all WC families.
- Saturday, October 16th – Homecoming – Look for us at the game.
- Monthly (dates TBD) – Dorm Storm - throughout each semester, students will be storming the dorms in search of gifts of one dollar or more to go towards the “Your Name Here” Scholarship
- March 5th, 2011 – We will begin accepting “Your Name Here” Scholarship applications. Students can submit either an essay of no more than 2 pages or a video of why they chose Wilmington College. Pick one up at the Student One Stop Center or call Heather Harmon at Ext 271.
- April 30th, 2011 – We will announce the recipients of the “Your Name Here” Scholarship.
Mark your calendars!
Interested in joining the Student Campaign? Call Heather Harmon at Ext 271 or send an e-mail to Heather_Harmon@wilmington.edu