Institute for Problem Solving
Project TRUST for Middle School Students
This program breaks down the barriers that exist between clique groups in school communities. The core of this program is a two and one half day retreat. Opinion leaders from various clique groups are placed in family groups with students with whom they would never affiliate. Trained adult counselors are assigned to family groups. Team building, problem solving, and attention to the effects of "put downs" are all part of the experience.
- Watch videos of the Project TRUST fall retreat activities at youtube.com. Just search for Project TRUST.
- Learn more about Project TRUST and how the Peace Resource Center can help your school at beniceoutthere.com. Contact can also be made by e-mailing email@example.com or calling 937-382-6661 ext. 365.
Peer Mediation Training
Experienced Wilmington College peer mediation training teams work with high school and middle school students, training them to be peer mediators. Twenty-four hours of training ensures the effectiveness of the training program.
In addition, our teams can provide problem- solving peer mediation training to businesses, churches, governments and non-profits organizations.
- Discover how the Peace Resource Center can help your organization train in Peer Mediation. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-341-9318, ext. 365.
Positive Discipline Training for Classroom Teachers
This program provides teachers with the tools to create caring, non-coercive, non-punitive classroom environments. This type of problem solving approach has been shown to promote high academic achievement.
The Peace Resource Center has trained over 800 educators, principals, and support staff and 21 school systems in Positive Discipline.
- Learn more about Positive Discipline click here.
- To register for an upcoming workshop:https://www2.wilmington.edu/prc/register-pdworkshop.cfm.
Sonya Zumbiel, M.Ed., Instructor, Education Department, Antioch-McGregor University, taught in the Norwood City Schools and Sycamore Community Schools. She is a Positive Discipline trainer, incorporating the philosophy into her classroom practice. Sonya has led hundreds of workshops on Positive Discipline in the region.
To discover how the Peace Resource Center can help you and your organization solve problems with training workshops e-mail the Center at email@example.com or call 1-800-341-9318, ext. 365.