Wilmington College Quaker Heritage Center
"Behind the Scenes: What Happens at the Quaker Heritage Center"
Join us "Behind the Scenes" for a sneak peek at the everyday work of our museum:
- Disover how we care for the priceless historic treasures entrusted to us
- Learn about our artifact research process
- See artifacts not usually on display
- Vote for your favorite item in the collection
All in preparation for next fall's 10th anniversary celebration!
Connect With the QHC!
Also on display: A Quaker Journey Story
In 1828, the Walthall family, Quaker ancestors of Meriam Hare, decided to leave their home in Gravely Run, Virginia, and journey to Ohio. In the late 1880s, almost 60 years after their journey, William Walthall recalled the trip he experienced as a child in his memoir. Experience their journey through the words of William Walthall and the treasures of the Walthall family.
Want to learn more about Quaker migration patterns? Check out these titles!
Both exhibits on display January 12 through July 31, 2015
Winter Gallery Hours:
- Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tuesdays in January, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Last Saturday of each month, 12 noon to 5 p.m.
- CLOSED Friday, December 19, through Friday, December 2
- CLOSED Monday, January 19