Consortium Cross-Registration

Wilmington College is a member of the Southwest Ohio Council for Higher Education (SOCHE) and the Greater Cincinnati Consortium of Colleges and Universities (GCCCU). Full-time degree seeking Wilmington College students can take courses from other SOCHE institutions by cross-registration. Full-time and half-time degree-seeking students may take courses from other GCCCU institutions by cross-registration.

Students pay Wilmington College tuition for courses taken through consortium registration, and may be eligible for financial aid. On dates designated by each institution, students are responsible for registration, dropping, and adding at both the home and host institutions. Credits earned through cross-registration at consortium member institutions are considered residence credit at Wilmington College and count toward the WC grade point average.

SOCHE members include:

  • Air Force Institute of Technology
  • Antioch University Midwest
  • Cedarville University
  • Central Michigan University 
  • Central State University
  • Clark State Community College
  • Edison Community College
  • Kettering College of Medical Arts
  • The Kettering Foundation
  • Miami-Jacobs Career College
  • Miami University - Middletown
  • Sinclair Community College
  • Southern State Community College
  • Union Institute & University
  • United Theological Seminary
  • University of Dayton
  • Urbana University
  • Wilberforce University
  • Wilmington College
  • Wittenberg University
  • Wright State University

GCCCU members include:

  • Art Academy of Cincinnati
  • Athenaeum of Ohio
  • Chatfield College
  • Cincinnati Christian University
  • Cincinnati State Technical and Community College
  • College of Mount St. Joseph
  • Gateway Community and Technical College
  • Good Samaritan College of Nursing and Health Science
  • God's Bible School and College
  • Hebrew Union College/Jewish Institute of Religion
  • Miami University
  • Miami University - Hamilton
  • Miami University - Middletown
  • Northern Kentucky University
  • Thomas More College
  • Union Institute and University
  • University of Cincinnati
  • Wilmington College
  • Xavier University

Information about scheduling and registration is available in the Office of Academic Records, College Hall 105. To obtain financial aid, a consensual agreement must be filed with the Office of Student Financial Services.

Transient Student Status

Students wishing to take off-campus courses not part of the Wilmington College or consortium cross-registration programs must complete an application for Transient Student Status (click here to download form). Transient status requires academic good standing at Wilmington College and completion of prerequisites for courses chosen at another institution. If the combination of Wilmington College and transient courses in a single term is greater than 20 semester hours, permission from the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs is required.

The Transient Student application, which can be obtained in the Office of Academic Records, must be completed and returned to the Office of Academic Records prior to registration at another institution. Approval of the form includes guaranteed transferability of courses with grades of "C-" or better, credit hour conversion, if necessary, and indication of how the approved courses can be used to fulfill Wilmington College requirements.

Upon completion of transient courses, it is the responsibility of the student to request an official transcript from the other institution to be senty directly to the Wilmington College Office of Academic Records.